Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 697

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Enlarger table design...

I need help with designs for an enlarger table.

I have a single post Beseler 67C, and I can enlarge up to 11x14 on the baseboard. I'd like some sort of stand/table combo where I can move the table down a few inches for 16x20's.

And below all of that I'd like some sort of shelf to keep all of my filters and easels etc.

Have any of you ever built anything like this, and/or have any photos I can draw ideas from? It seems like I've seen plans somewhere but can't remember where, and a search brings up infinite non-related conversations about enlargers,

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The usual cheapest option is to build a bracket to attach the enlarger to the wall.

Then the baseboard can be set on a bracket arrangement, to allow it to be lowered to a further distance from the lens when big prints are needed. Wall mount also allows the top of the post to be braced to the wall in a couple of directions to aid in alignment and stability of the head, which counts extra for when making larger enlargements.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    See “Drop Top Enlarging Table” page 186 in the November 1960 issue of Popular Mechanics.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9ts...0table&f=false

This design can be altered to suit your needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I built a simple unit at one time out of 3/4 in MDF. It was a simple three sided (open front) cabinet with an adjustable shelf, then mounted my enlarger to the wall. I now have a system that utilizes a counterweighted table that moves in a wall mounted unit on bearings that is infinitely variable. I made it from a salvaged chest x-ray unit.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When I built my new darkroom last year I wanted the ability to drop the baseboard for larger prints. What I did was to build cabinets on either side of where I wanted to mount the enlarger (on the concrete wall), leaving enough space between them for my vacuum easel with an inch or so on either side. Then it was a relatively simple matter to attach rails on the cabinet sides into which the baseboard could slide. I also devised adjusting bolts at each corner to perfectly align the baseboard to the enlarger. The top rails are at countertop height and accomodate 8x10 and 11x14 prints easily, and even 16x20 if they are at full frame. Any cropping to 16x20's requires moving the baseboard down to the next lower rails. There is a third set of rails for 20x24 prints though I don't plan to print that large.

Below all of this are some shelves for paper storage.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    See “Drop Top Enlarging Table” page 186 in the November 1960 issue of Popular Mechanics.

YES YES YES!!! This was the one! THANKS!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    The usual cheapest option is to build a bracket to attach the enlarger to the wall.

Then the baseboard can be set on a bracket arrangement, to allow it to be lowered to a further distance from the lens when big prints are needed. Wall mount also allows the top of the post to be braced to the wall in a couple of directions to aid in alignment and stability of the head, which counts extra for when making larger enlargements.
    Beseler actually made a wall mount bracket specifically for the 67C - it has holes in it that match the bolts in the girder.

I got mine from eBay - it is in storage at the moment or I would photograph and measure it for you.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Enlarger table design...

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Beseler actually made a wall mount bracket specifically for the 67C - it has holes in it that match the bolts in the girder.

I got mine from eBay - it is in storage at the moment or I would photograph and measure it for you.
    Thaaaats interesting. Any idea what the part number is or model number?

I'm thinking about getting a 67S or 67S2 Dichro head instead of the condenser head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Thaaaats interesting. Any idea what the part number is or model number?

I'm thinking about getting a 67S or 67S2 Dichro head instead of the condenser head.
    I bought my 67C new in or about 1976 and I still have the manual, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it too is in storage.

I bought a couple of different Dichro heads a couple of years ago, and once I got the right combination of head and power supply, I really enjoyed using it. If I had the room, it would be set up beside the Omega D6 that I am currently using. I'm keeping it stored in the hope that I get the chance at a bigger, permanent darkroom.

If I come across the model number, I'll send it to you.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post

Has anyone actually ever built one of these?

I just made my materials list which I hope to pick up on Wednesday, so I can get started on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin