Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,628   Online: 1144

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad sight

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I rescued one I didn't need last year. The price was right at £0 and I did get a couple of Schneider lenses with it.

STeve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sad indeed. Last summer I rescued one I didn't need - a brand new, boxed, never opened Saunders C6700 a local photo store here was trying to clear from inventory. I buy my film there, and one day I went in and saw the boxes standing in the tiny darkroom section. For the next few months every time I went in the boxes were still there. Nobody interested. I couldn't stand it anymore so I had to ask how much they wanted for it. I paid under $200. I think they retail for something like $1200. Sad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A friend and fellow APUG-er sent another Omega DII home with me yesterday. Another dinosaur for "Jurassic Park" but it's in nice shape and basically complete.

After the EMP burst kills all the digital technology we are going to need these, so why not hoard them now??
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I'm another candidate for a rescue...I've got a Vivitar E34 (same as the Holga) but now shoot 6x7 and 4x5, so this 6x6/135 could get passed onto somebody just jumping in.

Or, I do need a lamp in my stereo area...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This wasn't in the Seattle area, was it? If so, PM me the location. I'll be delighted to give it a good home.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've yet to see one locally for cheap/free. With the current state of darkroom equipment I hate it when I hear someone say setting up a darkroom is just too expensive. If you have even a tiny area you can black out with cloth, you can have a functioning darkroom for less than $500. You might be able to do it for free if you find the right deal!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    They're like kittens. You can't rescue them all. I've seen units worth more than $50,000 literally thrown
    into the dump. I salvage what I can. In that case it was just the lenses and vac easel that I rescued.
    And I know about doomed stuff worth way more than that. I've turned down all kinds of free enlargers. But ya gotta have space and need. Get the gear while you can, because it won't take long before the whole planet is buried beneath hundreds of feet obsolete electronics waste, and you'll have to dig way down thru all the crushed inkjet machines and last-year's techie toys to get to the good stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Danger, Will Robinson...

I've come across oh so many enlargers that were so dirt cheap I could barely resist. It's a shame, but there's only so much room.
    My problem too. I added an old Kindermann 6X9, and now have no more room in my darkroom. Like many others, I'm continuing to rescue too many cameras and other accessories.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Does anybody know where I could find a nice 4x5 Durst or Omega Enlarger?

I just started thinking about printing my 4x5 negatives again.
    My wife was looking at some of my black and white prints (a few are more than 35 years old), and she said: "I just love your Black & White photographs".
    We both agreed, there is truly something magical about the entire print making process!

I still like black and white better than any of my digital work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike Herring
    908-654-1185
    mherring52@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As posted earlier, I found enlargers at a thrift store. I'm sure Ebay or Craigslist will have some too. Don't be too picky and you'll find one. They still sell them new, but why buy them new when folks are selling them cheap for even giving them away? As for 4x5 negs, you can always contact print them.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin