Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,346   Online: 1216

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad sight

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sad sight

My girl friend were going to our weekly trip to the thrift store Saturday. Saw a Beseler 23C in good shape for $12. Come with everything but a lens. Hope it found a nice home.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is why enlargers tend to follow me home.... can I keep it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease..........
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Danger, Will Robinson...

I've come across oh so many enlargers that were so dirt cheap I could barely resist. It's a shame, but there's only so much room.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those evil inkjet printers are to blame. See more of those than enlargers at the thrift store. Don't blame people. It's how it is. Film folks still shoot film then they scan the negs. That a good thing.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG ought to have camera rescues

Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    Oh, wow, I know what you mean. This is why, I suppose, I own 50 film cameras, two enlargers and a slew of lenses. Some objects just need to be rescued, like lost puppies.
    This keeps crafty Hipster from making lamps out of them and selling it on Etsy. Camera lamps and other emphemera is like someone taking homeless kittens and making oven mits out of them. I'm afraid of searching for "kitten mits" on Etsy.
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to get away with "rescued" cameras, but enlargers are damn hard to hide ):

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is hard to resist equipment like that. Today I have eight enlargers but I do my best to find new homes for them and I've been able to place about one each year with someone who has discovered the joys of the darkroom. In June the next one will be going to a Norwegian guy who has been rediscovering B/W photography.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If someone wants to help "rescue" an enlarger to southern Ontario, I have a home for one...or two.

I'll be working on setting up a home darkroom later this year, but have the storage space now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    I seem to get away with "rescued" cameras, but enlargers are damn hard to hide ):
    Find a real dark room and hide them in there - That's what I do, and I haven't been caught yet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The devil's advocate in me says that it's better that they become lamps instead of getting scrapped shipped to wherever and re-imported as the guts of a cheap ink jet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin