Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,405   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Luseboy,

The light that I have doesn't have two plugs. How do I warm it up if need to be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When you first go into your darkroom before a printing session, just leave the enlarger turned on for a couple minutes, that should warm it up. Do that anytime you don't use the enlarger for like an hour, and you should be fine. The zone VI/aristo heads are quite nice if you can find one, I sold my spare one on here for like 50 bucks if i remember correctly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Luseboy. Your help is much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If your a VC paper user, you might have some difficulties. You might have problems printing on lower grades.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Mainecoonmaniac,

I'm just working on setting-up my darkroom. I have never printed anything so far as I'm total novice in a darkroom (except developing B&W film). All my prints, 'til now are done at the local lab. I don't know what kind of paper I'll be using. I'll search for info on papers when my DR is up and ready.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SloboM View Post
    Thanks Mainecoonmaniac,

I'm just working on setting-up my darkroom. I have never printed anything so far as I'm total novice in a darkroom (except developing B&W film). All my prints, 'til now are done at the local lab. I don't know what kind of paper I'll be using. I'll search for info on papers when my DR is up and ready.
    You'll have many hours of fun. APUGers are a great source of DR info.

Best,
    Don aka Maine Coon Maniac
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Don.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as paper goes, start with some adorama brand or some arista from freestyle. It's cheap! and it's acctually fairly decent stuff. Also, use RC for now, fiber just adds more complication to it all. Apug was the best resource for me when I was first setting up my darkroom. Soon enough you'll realize that it's acctually quite easy! You're starting off with a nice enlarger too which is nice, and if you decide to start doing medium or large format work, that enlarger will take you all the way to 4x5. I've got two of these 45mx's and really like using them, though now that I'm picking up a beseler 5x7 enlarger I probably won't be using my 45 much anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for advice Luseboy.

I'll definitely look into Adorama as well as Freestyle offerings. After I read some books and so many posts on various sites, I will definitely start with RC paper. I'll probably do some medium format sometimes in the future, but for now I really want to explore my 35mm Nikon F6. After all it was a gift from my better half.
    Last edited by SloboM; 04-17-2013 at 09:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found Adorama to have really good pricing but some people seem to not be such a fan of them. As far as chemistry goes, you can get fancy with it but since you're learning and all, dektol for developer, adorama or freestyle house brand fix and stop, and D76 for film developing. Basically the cheapest offerings, as they are the easiest/most straight forward to use. Medium format is great, and 35mm is always a blast since it is so compact and lightweight and still gives decent image quality. I've fallen head over heals for 4x5, but of course started with 35mm. Nikon's are great! I have an old F2 that this drunk guy gave me once, it's a great little camera! Feel free to send me a private message or email anytime, I'm always available for any additional questions you might have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin