Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,543   Online: 853

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Durst Lapla 39 problem

I have a Durst Lapla 39 that is meant (obviously) for 39mm thread lenses.

Please have a look at the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-15 21.25.09.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	67296

It does seem to have a center part, that looks to me like a thread reducer that might be removable in order to use lenses with a larger diameter. Is that correct ? I did not succeed in removing it. Is there a trick ? Is it a left or right-handed thread ? Or is it not removable at all ?

Thanks,
    Stefan.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't think so. If I remember correctly the main carrier for the threaded portion are all the same and in this case the centre 39mm threaded part is a press fit. There would be another smaller press fitted part for 25mm thread lenses. It is all about making them cheaper to produce. The large part being common and the smaller part with the thread made to fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stefan
    That looks like it might be a 39 to 25mm reducing adapter.
    Durst had those adapters to use the 25mm Schneider thread lenses in the 39mm LAPLA lens panels. The adapter avoided them having to make various 25mm lens panels. They make 39mm lens panels and those that want to use the 25mm lens just get the reducing adapter. It should unscrew from the LAPLA. HOWEVER, the question is does it unscrew up or down. From the pix, it is hard to tell if there is a flange on the top of the adapter. If there is a flange, then you would unscrew it UP (towards the camera in the pix). The trick is to use a tool to push against the small ridges and not damage the ridges. Unless you don't need the adapter, then damaging it won't matter.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Those ridges are very easily damaged, but I don't really need the adapter.

Here's a picture that might tell you more:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-16 21.07.22.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	475.8 KB 
ID:	67334

What do you think: when looking to the ridges-side, should I turn clockwise or anti-clockwise ?

Thanks,
    Stefan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    TWhat do you think: when looking to the ridges-side, should I turn clockwise or anti-clockwise ?
    Stefan.
    The LAPLA is made for a 39mm threaded lens. Therefore, the adapter is threaded into the LAPLA the same as a lens.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Durst Lapla 39 problem

Quote Originally Posted by darkprints View Post
    The LAPLA is made for a 39mm threaded lens. Therefore, the adapter is threaded into the LAPLA the same as a lens.
    That sounds logical. I'll try clockwise then and report back.

Thanks,
    Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the flange is on the bottom, the side opposite the ridges.
    So looking at the bottom, I would use a large arc-joint plier (or similar) and grab the outside of the black adapter from the bottom and turn the plier counter-clockwise while holding the lapla still.

Too bad they did not make it easily removable.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Re: Durst Lapla 39 problem

Quote Originally Posted by darkprints View Post
    OK! This logic worked! With some pliers and a bit of force, it's out, and the insert can still be used :-).

Thanks all for your help.

Stefan

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin