Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,900   Online: 1173

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Questions about old stuff I just got (enlarger, cibachrime paper, etc)

So I got an enlarger finally!!!

Sadly it looks like it only does 6x6 and I only shoot 6x7 but it's a start...

I got a bunch of free stuff and I have questions..

1. First, is this enlarger any good? It has plastic bellows and a 50mm beslar and 75mm E-Lucky lens, it's called a Lentar L266D and has a 35mm and 6x6 film holder insert.

2. Is a 6x7 available or will that not fit the bellows?

3. Next the most exciting disappointment (I say that as its probably no good), a full, unused pack of 8x10 "Cibachrime Print Material Type A" which I assume is paper and I recall for chrome prints which they don't make anymore right? ... It's been sitting in the persons basement for something like 20 years she says and was her fathers, as well as the manual, and some measure cups which you can see next to the enlarger in the previous picture.

4. Next is some learning books, most notable is the book I think everyone tells me to read, ansel Adams - the negative, but it also says "basic photo 2" so is this only PART of the "The Negative" and not the whole book?

5. Next is what I think is B&W paper... Again, this can't possibly be good right?

6. Next, is this hypo-check any good? And what's "opaque black" for?

7. Next, is this for cutting? What is it?

8. And also what's this??

9. And I think finally, are either of these lights useful and applicable to modern paper or is this stuff for old orthochromatic film?

10. Oh one more... What is this thing? The lady said she thought it might be for paper but it looks like it could be for sheet film also?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366160129.671421.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	67345

I think that's it for questions for now.

Thanks!!

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1. Is it good, probably not the greatest, but it will work.
    3. Yes, prints from slides. It might be ok, but you need the chemicals to go with it.
    5. Probably no good since it's RC.
    7. is an easel (holds paper under enlarger)
    8. is a differnt easel, that lets you make specific size prints.
    10. Probably a print drum used for the cibachromes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might be able to file out the carrier for the enlarger to 6x7, but the condensors may not cover. the green safe light is for color printing. The paper may still be ok, you need to test by developing an unexposed strip then fix. If any other shade than base white, it's bad. You have an adjustable arm easel, good enough to start.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Ok thanks guys, that was fast, still looking for 4,6, and how do I "work" 10.

Lol.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    4. "The Negative" is book number 2 in a series of three, "The Camera", "The Negative" and "The Print".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    10. You take off one end and place your exposed paper inside, emulsion side facing inwards, in safelight conditions. There should be some kind of spout on one end where you can pour in the chemicals. You will need to either use a motorised roller, or just roll it manually on a flat floor.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    10. You take off one end and place your exposed paper inside, emulsion side facing inwards, in safelight conditions. There should be some kind of spout on one end where you can pour in the chemicals. You will need to either use a motorised roller, or just roll it manually on a flat floor.
    Oh I see. Why is this better than tray developing?

~Stone

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    4. "The Negative" is book number 2 in a series of three, "The Camera", "The Negative" and "The Print".
    OH!! Gotcha, sweet then I have the right book, though the print book would probably be pretty helpful haha

~Stone

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "The Negative" is book number 2 in a series of three, "The Camera", "The Negative" and "The Print".
    I don't know why, but about reading that immediately "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" came to my mind.

Now I can't get this out of my head again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    I don't know why, but about reading that immediately "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" came to my mind.

Now I can't get this out of my head again...
    Or The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin