Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,530   Online: 1060

pwd

Shooter
    35mm

Omega B635 enlarger... 6x6 negative tray?

I've been using an Omega B635 enlarger (Canadian) happily to print 35mm photos for some time now, and have recently made the move to medium format. I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not I'd be able to find a 6x6-sized negative carrier tray to fit this enlarger head? The enlarger I have carries the 120V lamphouse.

Google has given me some contradictory results as some websites say that all B-class Omega enlargers are made for up to 6x6 but some websites say that the B635 is 35mm only... from what I understand the B635 is basically a slightly modified B600 that was sold in Canada and other non-US markets... is it safe to assume that a 6x6 negative tray for a B600 would work with the B635? Just wanted to see if anyone had some experience before I dropped the cash. I just managed to find a few rolls of 220-sized Plus-X that I would love to be able to print myself...

Also, if the negative tray search is successful I would also love to hear some suggestions for a good enlarger lens for 6x6. I've been using a Nikon 50mm for 35mm prints but don't really know where to start for MF prints.

Many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KHB has the answer for you: http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...inued/B635.htm

Looks like you have to add a condensor and a new light to change it into a B600, in which case you can then use a 6x6 carrier and appropriate lens.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any time I ever needed a negative carrier I just fabricated one. I dare say my home fabrications were as good as or better than the manufacturer's one. Just go tho the hobby wood section of a hobby shop, especially where they have RC plane supplies. All you need is a hobby knife, a file, a small drill bit and some sand paper. When you're done with the tool work, seal and sand with some butyrate dope, then paint it. Just takes a rainy Saturday and a TV dinner tray in front of your arm chair. Try it. Anybody can be good with his hands. Anybody. I think I use basswood. Just don't use balsa.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin