Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,014   Online: 668

Shooter
    Multi Format

X-Rite 310 T/R densitometer calibration plaque

Any body out there in APUG land use an X-Rite 310 T/R and have the 3-step X-Rite calibration plaque?

If so, can you tell what the three values are? (ballpark as I know they will be different on each one). The image on X-Rites site seems to show two "blacks" and a "white".

I know I can buy one, but before I spend yet more money I thought if I knew the values I could potentially borrow a calibration reference from a local source with a different brand unit.

Thanks, Dave
    (obviously new to this whole densitometer thing...)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard
    Any body out there in APUG land use an X-Rite 310 T/R and have the 3-step X-Rite calibration plaque?
    A few years ago I heard from a friend that he used Kodak or Fuji film boxes to calibrate his color densitometer. It seems these boxes are very consistent in color, because everywhere in the world everyone should be able to recognise a Kodak or Fuji film from a distance. I don't know if something like that exists for black and white patches too. It would surely be a very reliable and cheap reference to calibrate your densitometer.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Large Format
    These are the values for the reflective step calibration standard.

Step one - white - Visual .07, Cyan .06, Magenta .08, Yellow .09

Step two - gray - Visual.96, Cyan .94, Magenta .99, Yellow .98

Step three - Black - Visual 1.81, Cyan 1.78, Magenta 1.85, Yellow1.85

Hope that this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard

If so, can you tell what the three values are? (ballpark as I know they will be different on each one). The image on X-Rites site seems to show two "blacks" and a "white".

I know I can buy one, but before I spend yet more money I thought if I knew the values I could potentially borrow a calibration reference from a local source with a different brand unit.

Thanks, Dave
    (obviously new to this whole densitometer thing...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Donald, many thanks. Just what I wanted to know. Now to visit some of the locals...

Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin