Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,927   Online: 996

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    And you are right, the big orange one is not from the factory. I certainly don't mind fixing this one, but it would help if someone had a wiring diagram so I knew what was supposed to go there. If anyone has one of these and is willing to take a picture of the inside for me so I can see the correct parts, I may be able to get it going.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    So, reading up on other solutions, I came across suggestions of using a Sola power transformer/regulator. My question with that route is how to integrate it into my system. I see that some are rated at a voltage input of 120V and output of 250VA, but are much higher at 120v output instead of the 23.5v that the Durst is. What do I need in addition to solve this? Something like the 88-250 transformer here?
    Last edited by Greg Davis; 06-11-2013 at 07:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a $50 power supply rated at 240W. http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...uctId=2104583&

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    And you are right, the big orange one is not from the factory. I certainly don't mind fixing this one, but it would help if someone had a wiring diagram so I knew what was supposed to go there. If anyone has one of these and is willing to take a picture of the inside for me so I can see the correct parts, I may be able to get it going.
    I think this is a better replacement for the capacitor. You are not the only one with a problem due to that capacitor. http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1026302

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That power supply is certainly a better price than the one I found. How would something like that be wired to the enlarger and timer?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think this is a better replacement for the capacitor. You are not the only one with a problem due to that capacitor. http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1026302

Here are some pictures of a TRA500:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It looks like the same circuit board, then. Jensen over at Durst-Pro-USA is helping me find out what parts should be there as well. I think I can get and replace those four components. Hopefully, that is all that is needed. If not, is the power supply you linked to an all in one replacement? Or would I need other components to make it fit the system?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    If not, is the power supply you linked to an all in one replacement? Or would I need other components to make it fit the system?
    Depends on what all the original power supply is powering. How many wires come out the back of the original unit? Where do they go?. If it is only powering the bulb it should be all you need. You may also have a fan or additional small dial illumination lamps that would need to be addressed (24V? AC or DC?)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Well, I had a few back-and-forth emails with Jensen at Durst-Pro-USA. Because this is for students, he very generously offered to send a used, but good condition replacement TRA500 at little more than shipping cost. I am still interested in fixing this device, but now it is not as urgent as before. I think I will look at replacing just the board components that are damaged.

I can't thank Jensen enough for his help getting this up and running. The link you provided for the capacitor is great. Once I get the replacement, I should be able to identify exactly what went in that spot.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The stabilizer arrived today, but it is a European model meant for 220V. They are taking it back to exchange it, but i would still like to fix the old one as a back up. An honest mistake, but they are very generous to help us like this for so little in return.

To that point, the one ceramic resistor that I need has a tolerance of 10% printed on it, would a 5% tolerance resistor work ok?
    Last edited by Greg Davis; 06-19-2013 at 04:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin