Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,505   Posts: 1,543,485   Online: 1006

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow lots of info, ok the height of the enlarger from the baseboard to the tip of the lens glass if bellows are all the way up is 0.93 meters and fully extended down is 0.68 meters.

Yes the projector head swivels 180 degrees (or more I didn't want to pull it out to see but at least goes to a wall, probably could do the ceiling too) both the top of the bellows near the light, and bottom adjust up and down, and the front (bottom part with the lens board) tilts, which is fascinating to me, so you can adjust for tilt issues from a shot??? Not sure...

So it sounds like its a pretty good enlarger? But the "bulb" is actually a florescent element behind frosted glass, which seems weird, as I would think fluorescents would possibly flicker and be inconsistent?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    The three most common thread sizes are 25mm, 39mm, and 50mm. http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/lensboard.php?tab=3 gives a pretty good list of lenses and their corresponding thread sizes.. By far the most common is the 39mm.
    Cool I'll measure later.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Toss it, sorry to be the Debbie Downer. But mold spores and a nice clean neg just don't sit well. If you are patient a 4x5 enlarger will appear on Craig's in no time....get the app "C Mobile", check it bfast, lunch and dinner, get ready to pounce. I got a mint enlarger free that way. I hate to dissuade you but a moldy enlarger is not something to mix with your beautiful Canyon negs....just my $0.02....
    Andy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Toss it, sorry to be the Debbie Downer. But mold spores and a nice clean neg just don't sit well. If you are patient a 4x5 enlarger will appear on Craig's in no time....get the app "C Mobile", check it bfast, lunch and dinner, get ready to pounce. I got a mint enlarger free that way. I hate to dissuade you but a moldy enlarger is not something to mix with your beautiful Canyon negs....just my $0.02....
    Thanks, ugh... I was worried someone would plant that seed in my head...

Strangely enough, the old man who had passed had negs in the box with a lot of his enlarger stuff and chemical (I mean like Kodak D-76 in paper bags from probably 20+ years ago and old ektachrome 4x5 negs and the bags were covered in mold, but yet the negs were all intact no mold to be seen, I was shocked...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Not sure why something like this wouldn't float your boat:
    http://providence.craigslist.org/pho/3751886945.html

Get in car and go....
    Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Stone, I'm with Andy on this one. I scored a 4x5 enlarger and 135mm el-nikkor lens with holders for FREE here. I see them all the time, just wish you weren't across the country...
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Klain...I remember when you posted here that major haul off'a Craig's you picked up. You were patient and were in your car within minutes to get that great haul...

Great find that was:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/9...uldnt-buy.html
    Last edited by zsas; 05-01-2013 at 08:41 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add go back down memory lane link
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone,

If you are serious about setting up a darkroom, you might actually be more selective and be willing to spend some money on enlargers. After all, it's the most important equipment in printing. You should be able to find Omega D2 or some Beseler for cheap, say 50 dollars max and be reasonably clean, functional, and basically complete.

I love picking up free orphan enlargers but parts for non-common types are hard to find, and you are bound to need something either to expand your capability or to repair. If I needed, say 6x6 neg carrier or condenser lens for my D2, all I need to do is to browse APUG classified or do a WTB post. Can't say the same for non-common types. I have a complete Vivitar VI but spare parts are not easy to come by and some are basically impossible to find now.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    ^Klain...I remember when you posted here that major haul off'a Craig's you picked up. You were patient and were in your car within minutes to get that great haul...

Great find that was:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/9...uldnt-buy.html
    Actually, that was an OK haul. The next one was a Omega D6..... planning on some 20x24 this year.

...and back on topic
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you decide to stick with this one, You'll need something thicker than ½" for a baseboard. I'd use ¾ ply cradled with strips of ¾" oak. Laminate a piece of white formica on top. Getting the enlarger to 150º for a half hour should kill the mold. http://www.ehow.com/how_6692498_kill...mperature.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin