Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,767   Online: 1112

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Don't worry. We're keeping score, and Christmas isn't too far away
    Haha except you never sent me anything LOL I'm Italian, I'm fairly good at keeping track of who owes me and who I owe... If ya know what I mean... Haha

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Hardly, I started amassing darkroom gear in late 2007 and made my first print with it in January of 2012. I gave up in trying to find a proper darkroom space and instead, rented a storage unit for all my crap that was in my outside storage closet and converted that to my darkroom...
    Dan you're always an inspiration.

The Dejour has geared movements, I think I will hang onto it for now, just in case someday I want to do something with it, and it's my best friends grandfathers who's now passed so I'll hang onto it.

I've now spoken to the APUGer who's messaged me privately, and offered the Omega D2 enlarger. I'm most likely picking it up tomorrow. Very excited!

Now I just need that darn Toyo... Lol

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    a dejur versatile professional--great machine-it has front tilt. It will fit omega 4x5 carriers. don't toss this--it takes nice regular 4x4 lensboards like a beseller or calumet camera. Too bad no condenser head but you can maybe adapt an omega head to it. hang on to it and see what you can do. the bellows can be cleaned up or, since they unscrew with nice metal frames, can be easily replaced.
    My most used enlarger for the past 15 years has been a 4x5 DeJur Versatile Professional that came with a condenser head. I later acquired a florescent head for it, but use the condenser head. With an improvised 3.5 inch spacer between the negative carrier and the condenser, and a lens board recessed 1.75 inches, it also works fine for 35mm. The 135mm DeJur lens, apparently a Tessar formula, performs well. The DeJur does lack a filter drawer.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    My most used enlarger for the past 15 years has been a 4x5 DeJur Versatile Professional that came with a condenser head. I later acquired a florescent head for it, but use the condenser head. With an improvised 3.5 inch spacer between the negative carrier and the condenser, and a lens board recessed 1.75 inches, it also works fine for 35mm. The 135mm DeJur lens, apparently a Tessar formula, performs well. The DeJur does lack a filter drawer.
    Actually a set of filters and drawer were attached but ironically the plastic had accumulated mold, where the bellows look clean-ish in comparison, it's strange but true. The plastic looked like the top of a jar of jelly after the sugar all rises to the top.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Actually a set of filters and drawer were attached but ironically the plastic had accumulated mold, where the bellows look clean-ish in comparison, it's strange but true. The plastic looked like the top of a jar of jelly after the sugar all rises to the top.

That could probably be dealt with using a bunch of denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    That could probably be dealt with using a bunch of denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol.
    After dealing with the must in other plastic things, I know from experience that the only way to get out even the light must smell is 2 bleach baths, 3 days in the sun, and 2 power scrub cycles in the dish washer... So I doubt this mold encrusted plastic can ever be fully cleaned... Lol

I'll just buy new ones, plus for now I'm starting with B&W only.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin