Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,850   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I think you have a 10x12 easel.
    Thanks for this.

To keep the paper flat, I just make sure that the paper is flat in the box. I am one of the believers in the Barry Thornton depth of field at the base board. I guess, however, that resolution is lost if the paper is not lying in the precise plane of focus, but that the loss is acceptable...hence printing with borderless easels is possible.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a bit late in the OP's case now but I have seldom seen a RRB two blade easel correctly described on the U.K. e-bay in terms of its max print size. At times I'd swear that the sellers can't be familiar with the easels when they fail to notice how confusingly they have described the easel's size.

It is always worth asking the specific question about max print size then you have comeback if it arrives and doesn't comply with the answer to the question

It seems from this thread that it isn't just the U.K. e-bay that has the problem.

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As indicated above at least the two german manufactures are ambiguous concerning sizes too. I would describe an easel by the maximal sheet size it can take, but of course this is only part of the story.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Saunders 4 blade easels are confusing for a good reason.

The model (that I have) that has blades that can be opened to accommodate an 11 x 14 print, allows me to remove the blade assembly. When I do, I am left with a non-adjustable, 14 x 17 easel.

I prefer to describe it as an 11 x 14 easel, but understand why Saunders calls it a 14 x 17 easel.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin