Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,233   Online: 1112

Shooter
    35mm

X-rite 310 would need calibration

If I purchased an X-Rite310 used that needs calibration. Is this something I can do myself without prior experience ? or will I have no choice but to send it back to X-rite for whatever they charge ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you read the manual? It describes the procedure step-by-step, it is pretty much automatic.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, I haven't purchased it yet. I should've said; if i were to purchase one. i have never actually had one of this in my hands. I was just wondering if calibration can be done by myself even if no prior experience. Prior owner said he used to send it to X-Rite.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lhalcong View Post
    Sorry, I haven't purchased it yet. I should've said; if i were to purchase one. i have never actually had one of this in my hands. I was just wondering if calibration can be done by myself even if no prior experience. Prior owner said he used to send it to X-Rite.
    xrite generally recommend to send it back for calibration about once a year. The charge is high. But it must calibrate by the user very often about once every time you use it. You will need a calibration strip (a film strip with known density).

Shooter
    Large Format
    The manual and calibration strip should be included when you purchase it. If not, you can buy them from X-Rite. I have owned one for years, and have NEVER sent it to X-Rite for calibration. Occasionally I quickly check it as described in the manual. Good luck!
    —Eric

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin