Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,973   Online: 1142

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fujimoto C-31 WD module

i recently got a cp-31 and wd module for $100, the dryer works but the spray nozzles dont spray water at all any idea what i can do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So you have hooked up water to the water inlet?

There is an aperture plate at the spot where the about 5/8 hose might be adapted to a larger more standard garden hose that might be plugged with sediment.

There is no recirculation pump from the reservoir tank like in the main processor. An extermal water connection on the back brings in fresh water, speced to be about 1-2l/minute, which is quite a low flow. Overflow drain takes water way on the back.

The hose on the front is to drain the tank, like on the main machine.

I think ithe spray bar comes off with a stainless steel clip on one end and fitting to a rubber coupling on the other. Mine has never needed attantion, so I am not sure if it is exactly the same as the spray bars in the main machine.

The spray bar from my memory is much like the spray bar on the main machine.

The little holes can become fouled. I had to make up an glorified big pipe cleaner type affair with a sacrificed steel coat hanger and dish rag to clean the depositted tar on the inside of my developer tank spray arm when I first got my used machine. Then I keep a little wire to poke through from time to time as thye foul on the odd cruddie.

Three pin din connectior terminated cable hooks the w/d to the main processor. Paper feed sensors tell the w/d to fire up the heater. No automated water shut off at all.

In mine the old capacitors on the control board dried out with age, and the heater would turn on for far to long. New caps soldered in,and all is happy again. Take care -one is a bi-polar that is in the hysterisis control section

Good luck.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    how does the water recirculate in the wd module?
    just gravity? because i see the spray bar not spraying water, EVERYTHING else works flawlessly.

saw one of your posts before, the green and yellow light switch in the wd drawer is for time, yellow is under a minute shut off and green i believe is 8 minute shutoff for the dryer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As mentioned the water in the WD unit does NOT recirculate. It's a one-way trip through the machine. It also doesn't have a heater so water should be relatively tempered. That said, I did set mine up to be recirculating. I use a 5gallon or so Phototherm tempering bath and it's pump to feed the WD module. The drain from the WD drains back to the phototherm model 14 tempering bath. yes, not as good as fresh water, so I change it frequently. But, it's the only way I can use it in my current darkroom which doens't have running water yet.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    As mentioned the water in the WD unit does NOT recirculate. It's a one-way trip through the machine. It also doesn't have a heater so water should be relatively tempered. That said, I did set mine up to be recirculating. I use a 5gallon or so Phototherm tempering bath and it's pump to feed the WD module. The drain from the WD drains back to the phototherm model 14 tempering bath. yes, not as good as fresh water, so I change it frequently. But, it's the only way I can use it in my current darkroom which doens't have running water yet.

-Ed
    if it doesn't recirculate how come there's a spray tube? so it's there for decoration?
    not quite sure i understand..
    pics of yours in action please?

i see holes on the tube, i'm just curious if there's water that's supposed to be blasted on the print through there

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The water sprays from the spray bar due to the incoming connected taps' water pressure.

The water leaves via an overflow to a larger drain tube on the back of the deck.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    awesome! I had to read this post once again, thanks for that. So the water source comes in through the spray tube. i'm going to rig a recirculation rig since I don't have any faucets nor drain In my shop. it's a pain in the ass to clean, Ive been using a cap of bleach and the rest water for the baths. any advice?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin