Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,133   Online: 1145

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He's gonna pop some tags, he's got $30 in his pocket...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    B&H has this enlarger for sale for $1816.50, new. Chassis only.
    So you probably got an $898.50 head with it as well.
    All for 30 bucks!!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ssis_Only.html

You done good!
    No one in their right mind is paying $1816.50 just for the chassis unless they are buying for a school or the gub'ment. That's the tough part about buying enlargers. Every once in awhile some hardass tries to tell you their used enlarger is "worth" $500. I just tell them good luck finding someone to pay that much.

Enlarger prices are so low it actually makes more sense to just buy entire enlargers if you need a negative carrier. When I needed a particular size negative carrier instead of buying one used for $50 I just bought an entire late model enlarger with a bunch of accessories for less than $40.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    that's nothing, i found a leitz focomat Ic with lens not too long ago $35 -- almost didn't buy it because i already have one, but remembered a friend whose 35mm enlarger was not of the same quality and grabbed it. He is now a most happy man.
    You have no clue.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    No one in their right mind is paying $1816.50 just for the chassis unless they are buying for a school or the gub'ment. That's the tough part about buying enlargers. Every once in awhile some hardass tries to tell you their used enlarger is "worth" $500. I just tell them good luck finding someone to pay that much.
    It's true. I was just trying to make donkee feel even a little bit better than he already does.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got a motorized Beseler 4x5 w/color had and carriers to fit every format from Instamatic to 4x5 for $40 from a lab. I'd rather have condensers though, so one of these days I'll look for them. Alsohad a mint 150mm El-Nikkor N given to me by a friend. I don't even shoot 4x5 (I go up to 6cmx7cm) but I couldn"t resist all this.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was also given (by the same friend) a mint cond. big Kodak Precision Enlarger, w/heat-absorbing glass & 2 brightly polished neg carriers-35mm & 6x9. The cord is shot, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!

lmfao
    but, agreed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pics coming. Picked up a rescue dog Friday, the girlfriend had her birthday Monday, the oldest son is graduating so I get to work on the open house (the yard needs some TLC!). Too much going on right now. I really want to get moving on setting that puppy up but you know how it goes......

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donkee View Post
    Pics coming. Picked up a rescue dog Friday, the girlfriend had her birthday Monday, the oldest son is graduating so I get to work on the open house (the yard needs some TLC!). Too much going on right now. I really want to get moving on setting that puppy up but you know how it goes......
    Excuses excuses....

Congrats!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^haaaaa! Yeah get that graduate to take a camera phone of the new beast and upload to photobucket or somewhere.....kidding....congrats on all the goodness to your family. Sounds like you've some good fam/pet pics to print on the new rig to boot...
    Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin