[QUOTE=luvmydogs]I am quite concerned about fumes.

I don't recall ever having met up with a ventilated darkroom.
Oder/fumes were just part of the job or pastime. I've had no
problem with them although sensitivity apparently varies. BUT I
read about oderless/fumeless and made the switch. No regrets.

One suggestion; if you are stuck with off-the-shelf use a water
stop and change the water after every few prints. Sulfur dioxide
can be produced by the carry forward of sulfite from the
developer into an acid stop. I think that may be the
single most cause of oder/fumes.

I compound all my own chemistry, use it all one-shot, and
process single-tray. Two trays at wash time. Dan