Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,442   Online: 1130

Shooter
    35mm

Negative Carrier for Xpan negatives

Looking for a negative carrier for a Xpan negative and saw Beseler has one for their 45 and 810 series.
    My questions is will that negative carrier work on a 67 Beseler?
    I do not remember the negative carriers on the 45 being larger then the one for the 67, from when I used them in college.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    beseler 67 negative carrier is not round... so i don't think it will fit... maybe you're getting confused with the beseler 23, which has a round one, and is probably similar to the 45.

i suggest you make a negative carrier out of some gatorboard/foamboard, or mat board. it will work fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes it is the 23c I have.
    Yes I will probably end up having to fabricate my own, I can not wrap my head around spending $240 for negative carrier.
    I think it would be a good project for someone with a 3D printer, to try and design Xpan Negative carrier, then they could sell it other Xpan owners if it worked out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy a 35mm carrier for your 23C and have a machine shop enlarge the opening.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I suggest the 6x9 glass negative carrier with Anti-Newton Ring glass on top.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Buy a 35mm carrier for your 23C and have a machine shop enlarge the opening.
    That is exactly what I done. A friend of mine who is a fitter enlarged the opening in the 35 mm plate that I had. He filed the new edges so that there was no sharp edges and painted them in non reflected black paint.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    This 35mm negative carrier improvised from Masonite for an ancient 4x5 DeJur has served me well for 30 years. Eight nails protruding up from the bottom plate and into the top plate serve to align the film and the plates. A square on the bottom of the bottom plate locates the carrier in the enlarger head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NegNldr.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin