Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,130   Online: 918

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go for it Dennis. I wouldn't use the corrugated plastic cardboard like I did however. The cells in between surfaces trap air that makes the thing try to float up. You have to shake it once submerged to dislodge the air. Still, you need to hold it down in some way. Ideally a smooth textured acrylic would be best, something like this http://www.tapplastics.com/product/p...ed_lucerne/549 . It's not the cheapest materials but the article that was mentioned in this thread in an earlier post indicated that washing efficiency was increased by using chambers with textured sides. Good luck and have fun!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The name of this thread needs to be changed to "Not so cheap print washer"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey randy

it looks like you made something similar to what used to be sold as
    the fine art photo supply print washer
    http://web.archive.org/web/200302081...washerpage.htm

yours looks VERY nice!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Randy, I think that you made a great washer. Could you post a few more pictures of the final product and list what pump you used? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can pick up a submersible pump from Harbor Freight for really cheap. I use one as a recirculating pump in my wort chiller for homebrewing. You could stick the pump at the bottom of the tank with a bit of extra hose, or even a spray bar causing the water to recirculate in the tank. Added with the shower head at the bottom of the tank set to very low causing a very slow spill over, I'd think you would have a very decent home made washer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did just that Ed. I placed the pump at the bottom and have it pumped through a spray bar that shoots it back across the top of the prints to the other side. When I get home from this business trip, I'll pics of the final version. I bought the pump at pet smart for about $15.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spijker View Post
    Randy, I think that you made a great washer. Could you post a few more pictures of the final product and list what pump you used? Thanks!
    Finally got around to taking a photo of the back side. The first photo is of the input side. Water is streamed through each compartment across the bottom portion of the prints. The second photo shows the opposite side. Th black pump on the right pumps water from the bottom into the "T" assembly which sprays water across the top part of the prints back towards the input side. The unit sits in the tub and slowly spills water out of the top on the input side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails washer-jets.jpg   Washer rear.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try a few drops of food dye in various locations to see if the flow does what you expect.

Looks OK, though.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin