Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,165   Online: 1167

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    I was going to say 'the outside cloths line over the kids sandpit near the town's saw mill' but that would just be silly now.
    Just make sure you use photoflo.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You can get a lot of interesting toning effects with an outside clothesline, especially if a lot of seagulls are flying around.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lhalcong View Post
    for those of us who cannot afford, not feasible to get one of those cabinets where you dry film dust free, what do people use out there to minimize the possibility of dust settling on wet film while it is drying in the bathroom.
    Any ideas I can put to use. ?

thanks
    I don't have a drying cabinet, not because I can't afford one, but because I don't want one. They blow dust around. It's far better to let your film dry in ambient temperature in ways suggested by previous posts. You just have to wait longer for it to dry. Patience is a virtue.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another vote for the shower. I don't run the water ahead of time, the humidity is usually high enough that dust is not a problem. Our shower has a door on it so the air is still, and that plus the humidity keeps my negatives dust free during the drying process.

But don't worry, they get their share of dust later on.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I lived for a few years near the ocean in SoCal and used to hang my film to dry out on the balcony overnight, salt air, wind blowing, yet my negs were always fine. I have never had any problems with dust on negatives for two decades no matter how I dried them; high humidity, low humidity, hotels, sea air, wind.... I have had issues with water spots, but that is easy to fix. The only dust problems I have had were with sheet film, but those problems had to do with dust on the film before exposure, not after development.

In other words, don't worry about it too much. If you don't drop your negs on the floor when they are wet, you shouldn't have an issue with dust.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin