Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,922   Posts: 1,584,979   Online: 1024

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Michael, did you end up with a new scale that you are happy with?
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very happy with all my digital scales; impressed actually, becauseeven though they have quite different limits,they all read the samewithin 1gfor a 10g calibrated weight; did not expect that. the only mistake I made:the 100g scale is very limiting ehen mixing normal quantities;200g would have been a better limit.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

You need the heavy for sodium sulfite etc. Accuracy is not that critical so long as it is repeatable.

A cheap digi is fine for 2 grams of metal etc, so long as it is repeatable. You will adjust your times to the resulting chemistry and be ok so long as you are within 10% .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey! Whats with this digital talk.... Wouldn't this be more appropriate on dpug....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Hey! Whats with this digital talk.... Wouldn't this be more appropriate on dpug....
    One should only use an analog scale for analog photography.
    So what do the dpugers need a scale for?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took a chance on a Tree 2500g scale that was very reasonable. It calibrates easily and I've checked it regularly against known weights on a $2000 rig at work and it is in agreement (and that scale is checked against a frighteningly expensive vacuum chamber scale). They're sold by an eBay seller....

http://tinyurl.com/lhrn5of

It has more than enough capacity for what I do. I use an RCBS reloading scale and convert to grains when playing with things in extremely small quantities, feeling that it is likely more accurate for that duty.

FWIW: Our metrologist has told me that the lower priced scales tend to be most off of perfect at the extremes of their load cells. He recommended having 100g or more of weight before zeroing and then measuring your material when the cell is away from its normal zeroing point.

Another hint with digital scales: Use negative weighing habits... Place a container of the material on the scale, tare and measure the negative weight displayed as you remove from the supply. This saves multiple attempts at just the right addition to the receiving vessel and prevents over pouring from things that cannot be reversed.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought an inexpensive digital drug dealers scale from ebay which was a pain in the a%$ to use. I then bought a new triple beam which is a pleasure to use. Sort of like the old school cameras I ues. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    You must try on ebay or amazon because you can easily get portable digital scale with accuracy and other features that you want at less than $100 dollar. I have bought one at amazon in $35 with accuracy up to 0.1 gram.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    mine was cheaper 0.01 gm resolution max 200 gm a new battery is going to be not much cheaper - came with 200 tare.

it needs a selection of plastic bottle tops for chemicals like phenodine for which I need 0.07 gm for 1 l stock.

simplest to drop the top in mixing container solution to get all the power out

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using PS-2001 counting scale. I have bought that few months ago and it provide me accurate results with other features that i need. It have accuracy limit up to 0.1 g with many features.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin