Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,930   Online: 828

Shooter
    Large Format

Ektaflex 8 Surprise

Picked up a moving sale downsizing darkroom collection a while back. Nice enlarger, copy stand tanks easels etc. Timer or two. Cardboard box included discovery today says Ektaflex 8 with manuals. It has one grey plastic thing suitably marked and the test print masks and wall chart. Best I can tell the process materials are long gone like 1989 or so? Any use for it other than land fill filler? Is the hand crank the best piece of it all?
    Should this become a candidate for the high price auction site of ill repute?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wonder if any of today's chemistry can go in it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nothing like that around now.
    You could get Ektaflex film for making prints from both negatives and slides, both went through the same processor/chemistry.
    I used Ektaflex in the mid 1980s for making OHP slides.
    The material used a dye diffusion process. You exposed the film sheet and then fed it with the receiver sheet through the processor that contained a single bath of activator solution.
    All the silver stayed in the film layer where the activator released water soluble dyes from the image which diffused to the receiver sheet where they reacted with another chemical that made them insoluble.

As far as I can remember the process was withdrawn in the early 1990s after Kodak lost a legal battle with Polaroid over patent infringement.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin