Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,210   Online: 837

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Omega D5 neg carrier fit?

I recently acquired a 6x6 rapid shift glass negative carrier (423-323) for my D5XL. However, it does not fit into the opening in the negative stage. The bars on the bottom of the carrier are 4.25 in on the outside - On all of the other carriers I have including a similar 35mm rapid shift glass carrier the bars are 4 in. I was curious if anyone had any insight into why this carrier might be different before I do something rash like cut down the bars so the carrier will fit in my enlarger.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a glass carrier that always sticks so your post prompted me to measure the three I have and they all measured 4 inches. I can't imagine the utility of an additional 1/4 inch. Is there an odd negative size larger than 4x5 that this would accommodate? Could the bars be custom, to accommodate modifications to someone's frankenlarger?

http://www.classic-enlargers.com/darkroom_equipment.htm used to have a page that listed every Omega part, but I can't find that section now to see if there are any clues.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did come across this site, which may have some information buried in a manual:

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...s/manuals.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Don't know why my carrier was odd. It came in an Omega folder with the correct part #. It looked new but it was different from all of my other carriers. I used a bar from my 35mm glass carrier and scribed lines on the 6x6 carrier bars. A few minutes with a Dremel tool shortened them to fit in my D5.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin