Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,711   Posts: 1,482,959   Online: 965

Shooter
    Medium Format

Omega D5XL replacement screws

Hi guys,

I recently acquired my first enlarger: an Omega D5XL (old grey version) with Super Chromega D Dichroic II. It's a big monster to make my first step in printing. But some screws are rusty and limp and I would like to replace them. Unfortunately I live in France and the imperial units aren't standard. Can anyone inform me about the model/size of the two followings screws I need to remove:
    • the upper and lower rear hex screws around the elevation knob (and the same on the other side of the rear carriage axle; those ones help to adjust front/back alignment);
    • the 4 phillips screws around the negative stage (used for the negative carrier/lens parallel adjustment).

Cheers,

--
    Martial

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Martial,

The screws around the elevation knob on mine are #8-32. The screws around the negative stage are also #8-32, but for some reason I think I might have re-tapped those at one time. They might have been #6-32 originally.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot, Neal! About those hex screws, I measured 4.17mm so about 0.164'' and according to http://www.engineersedge.com/screw_threads_chart.htm it should be #8-32 (and about a half inch long). I tried those screws as a replacement of the phillips screw around the negative stage and it fits well so it's all #8-32 screws for me too. I will probably order them with allen head as it will be easier not to switch back and forth with phillips screwdriver and hex bolt one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin