Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,050   Online: 810

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Perfect darkroom clock

I just bought this clock Click image for larger version. 

Name:	091029_BB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	70478

It's perfectly suited for darkroom work. A big clearly visible wallclock (30 cm). All safe red leds, and it counts the seconds. Ideal for developing films, in group darkrooms and even in a smaller darkroom. I got it online at Conrad. It's called "Orium". If someone is interested, dont wait too long. You never know how long a product will be on the market these days.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In terms of a perfect darkroom clock, I don't think you can beat a JUNGHANS. I have 2 of these in my darkroom. They are the metronome of clocks.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    In terms of a perfect darkroom clock, I don't think you can beat a JUNGHANS. I have 2 of these in my darkroom. They are the metronome of clocks.
    Yes, I have a one of them, and durst coltims too. But they can be used by only one person at a time. I teach darkroom courses, and with this clock several persons can use it at the same time for different purposes. And when working under safelights this clock is a lot more visible.
    Last edited by argentic; 06-18-2013 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Wilbert
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Would you mind putting here the link for the orium clock that could be bought online? This is what I'm looking for the darkroom. Much appreciated!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I WANT ONE but can't seem to find a source in US.... I only found one place that had it in EU.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I got it here : http://www.conradpro.fr/ Conrad is based in Germany but ships internationally.

The clock isn't made by Conrad though. Just by searching for "clock red leds" I found several similar ones on amazon under different brands.
    Last edited by argentic; 06-18-2013 at 10:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Wilbert
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you VERY much! I'll be buying one from Amazon shortly.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by argentic View Post
    Yes, I have a one of them, and durst coltims too. But they can be used by only one person at a time. I teach darkroom courses, and with this clock several persons can use it at the same time for different purposes.
    How can a single clock used by several darkroom workers at the same time?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And when it's time to load or unload panchromatic film?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin