Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,328   Online: 882

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    De Vere 504 with Multigrade 500 head for the most part although I have 4 enlargers in the darkroom, including a 5108.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    At the time being, I am using a Beseler 23CII with a color head.

I have been thinking about just going back to the B22 since I don't print color anymore and my darkroom has downsized to a spare bathroom now.
    If I go back to the B22, I'll have to support the column to keep the vibration down and help support it. I do like printing large and the B22XL would ( I think) suffice.
    Richard: For your circumstances, I would keep using a 23C if you leave it set up all the time. This would be better than having to support the B22.

Just my opinion, of course. I currently am using two Beseler 4x5s, one with a condenser, and the other with a dichroic head. I also own an Omega D5, and 3 Omega B22s, but the Omegas are all stored. The only one of those 6 I've ever had vibration issues with is the D5. It's a big tuning fork!

The B22, even the XL, didn't ever seem to be a problem. YMMV

Also, (and you probably know this), you can print black and white with a color head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Focomat V35 and DeVere 5108

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beseler 45MXT with a dichroic head. It wasn't my first choice, but I've been using it for over 30 years. My first choice was a Durst Laborator.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Opemus 6 for both 35mm and 120

Richard

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beseler 45MX with an Ilford MG600 head and controller.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I use three types

11x14 De Vere
    8x10 Durst 2000
    4x5 Omega Condenser

The De Vere 515 is an amazing enlarger. Back in the day it was purchased by BGM Colour Labs for over $80000 , it was gently used and they gave it to me when they moved from enlarger base work. I treasure it, I think I will melt it down , reform it , and use it as the box for our ashes.
    I also love the Omegas, easy to maintain , level and work split printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Richard: For your circumstances, I would keep using a 23C if you leave it set up all the time. This would be better than having to support the B22.

Just my opinion, of course. I currently am using two Beseler 4x5s, one with a condenser, and the other with a dichroic head. I also own an Omega D5, and 3 Omega B22s, but the Omegas are all stored. The only one of those 6 I've ever had vibration issues with is the D5. It's a big tuning fork!

The B22, even the XL, didn't ever seem to be a problem. YMMV

Also, (and you probably know this), you can print black and white with a color head.

Hey David
    Just a little history. My first enlarger in the 60's was the B22 in a bedroom closet. Man, that was tight. Life went on and after a couple of moves, I had a big darkroom in a basement. In the 80's, I had a studio and a color lab. Fully automated (roller transport, Durst printers) that I printed for mine and other studios that was fairly local to me. Finally shut the lab down after some retired and others changing over to digital.
    Now I am retired and like to try different things. I'll probably keep using the 23C with the Dichroic head but still in my mind I want to experiment a little with the B22XL. It wouldn't be much trouble to swap out but I don't have the room for 2 enlargers.

Lots of different ones are being used that have posted so far. Very interesting.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Durst L1200 with CLS450 for 4x5 or 2 1/4 x 2 1/4, Durst L184 with CLS2000 for 8x10, although I'm spending a lot more time contact printing 8x10 negatives....and really like it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Omega B66 Pro for 35mm and 2 1/4.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin