Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,054   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
    Matt
    That is cool.
    But I can't do that easily with my all SS Nikor tanks. While I normally tape the cover to the tank, just in case, I don't do similar to the small cap, and that is a leak point. The Nikor tanks were not made to be kept on the side w/o leaking.

I wonder if someone sells plastic tank covers that will fit onto a Nikor tank?
    I've used it with an all-steel tank and a very wide rubber band. But mainly just to try it - it is a bit of a hassle.

I do have steel tanks with plastic lids, but I don't think they are Nikor.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
    I wonder if someone sells plastic tank covers that will fit onto a Nikor tank?
    yes - you can get them lots of places.

http://www.adorama.com/DKTCP.html?gc...FUFyQgodhWwAsA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    They actually have more than one model for each size. The have a version for Jobo tanks with a one inch center core.
    Ah OK right, forgot about those. (Is it "those" or "that one"? I've only ever seen the 35mm version.) If you're hand-processing in a stainless tank, either will work fine though. I picked up some Hewes reels cheap on ebay because they were in sealed Jobo boxes and the seller didn't make it obvious what they really were. But I knew!

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    In late to the discussion, but I am a huge 35mm-Hewes-reel'ite; though, I love the 120 reels that LPL makes that have 'the clip' instead of a 'spring-thing'

http://r.ebay.com/TOxgd5
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Disclosure, no connection w seller above linked, that link was my 1st google response...
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally ordered a couple 35mm Hewes reels. They arrived today and I've been practicing with an uncut strip of developed film. I really like how the pins work, and the reels seem fairly robust. I've not used them yet but like them already.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Once ya Hewes, ya never lose
    Last edited by zsas; 08-07-2013 at 10:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Once ya Hewes, ya never lose
    BAM! T-shirt.
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I finally used it for real (in a changing bag). Wow, this was the fastest and easiest load I've ever done. The pins make it easy to start and align, which are the two things that cause me grief with stainless reels.
    Truzi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin