Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,948   Posts: 1,585,928   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hooograa View Post
    Incandescent bulbs are resisters in a vacuum
    I used to think that, too. When I was 8, I made a bet with my dad that if I broke a light bulb in a bucket of water, no bubble would rise to the surface - the vacuum would just collapse. When I lost that bet, I did some reading (way before the Internet) and found that most household bulbs had argon in them.

Anyway, that brought back memories.

Plus one for getting a real safelight. Red is safest, but OC helps differentiate colors, which may or may not be worth reduced time before fogging sets in.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hooograa View Post
    Incandescent bulbs are resisters in a vacuum as the light bulb burns the filament deteriates thins and produces more light (becomes a higher wattage bulb). When fluresent bulbs age they can glow at the base as the starter ages or gasses thin even after the light is turned off. We live in a constant state of flux.

This is what I was thinking it had happened. it definetely felt that the bulb was brighter. I had more ilumination in the room than I remember from last session (about a month), so even though the coating has not changed or scratched. Can this happen in a short period of time. ?

Either way, I just bought some Kodak Model A with OC filters from ebay. I hope these are good enough for Ilford VC paper.

thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin