Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,300   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Medium Format

Seeing a lot 70mm film loaders, reels, and tanks popup on ebay/etsy lately.

It seems to be perfect timing for me because I have a ton of 70mm unperforated film in the freezer, and just placed my pre-order for Ilford 70mm film.

Anyways, I bought an Alden 70 film loader and a 70mm Nikor film tank. These two items I spared no expense on. I really like the 70mm bulk film loader. 70mm film canisters are super simple to load, no tape needed as each spool has a metal clip. The Alden 70 film loader also has a built in film splicer which is nice.

Has anyone had any experience loading 70mm film reels in changing bags? I'm having trouble because they're so big. I'm thinking of building a film changing box.

I'm so glad to be done with bidding wars. I have everything I need to continue my 116 film project.

There's still a lot of 70mm reels and tanks on ebay. By a lot I mean more than two auctions lol.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    70 mm film came perforated at least two different ways, and non perf.I think you could get it perf on one side too. The school portrait shooters drove most of the business in 70mm, along with some aerial work. I have a 70 mm roundshot that I use and film availability is a problem. The school portrait shooters all went digital, which is why 70 mm film was dropped. Hence all the darkroom stuff on ebay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    i'm interested in the hasselblad 70mm but I'm not to familiar with 70mm terms and the film it takes. I recall that it's perforated, but not perforated like movie film--so it's like a special order that nobody will take anymore. I've heard that the hasselblad equpment can be modified with rubber rollers to take non-perforated film but I've not seen any that work nor the results.

Yup the hasselblad 70mm back takes perforated film. I got the Graflex XL so I could use their 70mm back which uses non-perf, and can be used in a 4x5 camera as well.
    http://filmphotog.blogspot.com/ my blog

Please visit my film photography youtube channel and subscribe:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was wondering if anyone still loaded 70mm film, most of my internet search just led me to posts from the mid 2000s - latest usually being 2007.
    Lot of 70mm film being dumped on ebay. Wonder if using them would make sense?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I load cartridges in the dark, without a fancy loader. Developing it is harder, but there are a number of threads on APUG describing how you can use Jobo or Paterson reels to develop a 220 length.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have had a big bunch of Hasselblad gear, 70mm film and misc. on craigslist for a couple weeks now and have had zero interest. I am going to run it until Saturday then pull it. I got interested in Graflex and figured I would get rid of all my 70mm items.

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/pho/4145584509.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickth View Post
    I have had a big bunch of Hasselblad gear, 70mm film and misc. on craigslist for a couple weeks now and have had zero interest. I am going to run it until Saturday then pull it. I got interested in Graflex and figured I would get rid of all my 70mm items.

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/pho/4145584509.html
    I realise your ad says "not splitting" but if you're interested in selling just the tank (I assume it's a 70mm tank+spiral), PM me. I don't Hasselblad so the rest is of little use to me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will keep you in mind, but I wonder if OZ post will kill any sort of deal? My main thought right now is either get rid of whole shebang or buy a Planar lens and just shoot the film. It is a nikkor tank complete.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Postage would be on the order of $35, which is fine. Count me as definitely interested depending on your asking price. I'd probably also take the Tech Pan (assuming perforated) if that helps.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    O.k. I will see how this play outs in a couple days and get back to you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin