Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,295   Online: 844

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

How Do I Use A Kindermann Film Drying Cabinet?

I've said piece of equipment, however I'm not too sure how to situate the film with these bars that came with it.

There seems to be less than four feet of drying space (top to floor) which holds about 27 35mm frames before hitting the floor, then the rest are all buckled and just not elegant. Anyone have one'a these and know how to setup the thing up? I'm not seeing anything after a few Googles, so I'm askin the experts

Thanks in advance for your solution

Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Dang, It doesn't look like it's made for 35mm film.

Guess you had better cut the strips and hang them in half.

Because if you loop or drape it, you will have heavy water marks at the loop.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Yeah I learned that the hard way

I feel like I am doing something wrong?

I got this from a high school who only did 35mm

Cutting each roll down to about 24 frames to allow good head and tail room is such a drag, I think (could be wrong) that I'm missing something???
    Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It might be expected that you dry the film on the reels. But I always hated dryers that did that.

I'd cut 36 exp rolls just before hanging. Then hang with the cut up, original ends down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From your images, looks like a lot of space is wasted at the top. Is that the only way to hang your film strips??
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^Yep, that's as high as the film can go. Above the "film top part" is a heater and fan. The top 25% of the unit is a heater/fan....here's the whole thing...

Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Found an image of one...still cant tell what's going on here??

http://books.google.com/books?id=k1p...ed=0CFkQ6AEwBQ
    Last edited by zsas; 06-29-2013 at 09:13 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fix link
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Waste frame 15, 16, 17, or 18 on each film you shoot (depending on how you sleeve your negatives).

Cut each film in half for drying through the wasted frame.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if the equipment was really made for 120 films and someone donated it to the school before you got it? Is there a model number of any kind on that thing?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You seem to be missing the "C" shaped weights which are used to form a loop of 35mm film. The film is attached at both ends to the top and then weighted by the clamp which only contacts the base side of the film. The film should be wiped with a very dry but damp sponge before placing in the cabinet to prevent contact marks at the end of the loop.

PE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin