Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,266   Online: 735

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Beseler Support!!!

Just moved my Beseler 45MX enlarger and broke the motor switch. I checked Beselers website, found the parts diagram and parts list. With the part number in hand I called them and ordered the part. Awesome support for an enlarger that I bought used 15 years ago.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Like a lot of US manufacturers, Beseler have used a lot of standard parts generally available, so the spare parts situation is quite good. Obviously some parts are made for specific models. The situation can be different with some European enlargers: they can be very elegant and efficient, but spare parts can be a big problem.

I gather that Beseler is still in business because they make other non-photographic machines.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes they are still in business, and I'm sure it's their none photographic side that's keeping them afloat. Their excellent customer service doesn't hurt either. They where super helpful on the phone and great to deal with. The switch was a little pricey but it saved me from having to run around to electronics stores or search around online and so it was worth it. Several years ago I needed a screw for a Beseler 4 bladed easel and they sent in no charge. Nice easel btw. Anyway I just think it's great that they are still in business and supporting there products.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah the telephone, such a quaint device. Try emailing them. You may as well email Santa Claus and are more likely to hear back.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Yes, the telephone, don't know why I thought if that but it worked like a charm.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 On Beseller support/customer service. And yes, they even answer the phone and if you get the answering machine and leave your name and telephone number, they will even call you back - same day, usually within the hour IME.

Thomas
    Thomas

No art passes our conscience in the way that film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
    — Ingmar Bergman

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wonderful story! Glad all's swell for ya! Glad I've a Beseler too . Thankfully it's been a rock I've never needed me to call the support line
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard previous complaints about their lack of response to emails.

Maybe they should either:

1) discontinue their public email address; or
    2) program an automatic response which just tells people to telephone.

I understand the temptation to put emails on a low priority. Email can be the greatest time waster ever. And it can be a great assistance too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a burned out motor on my 45MX and it didn't even occur to me to call them.
    I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

Shooter
    35mm
    I found and ordered some small spring or some such for the negative tray for a seriously old 4x5. It showed up promptly. Inside the postal envelopr was a small Manila envelope at least as old as the enlarger. Contained therein was the part. AAAAAA++++++

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin