Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 892

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are your lenses mounted on the rotating 3 lens turrets or single lens mounts.
    If the turrets you will be surprised how much the can be out of alignment, just wiggle them up and down to see how much slack the have.

I don't think Harry is answering posts at this time but you can try.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear NiCanon,

The entire head (and therefore the lens stage) can be tilted forward and back by rotating the axles for the guide rollers. The holes in the ends of the axles are drilled off center and there is a hole in each axle perpendicular to the main axis that you can put a small hex key or screwdriver in to rotate it. Be sure to loosen the screws a bit first. The lens stage can be angled left and right by loosening screws at the bottom of the focusing mechanism and sliding it left of right (what it looks like depends on your model). You already know how to adjust the negative stage.

Search around on the units and I think you will find the adjustments quite easily.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You will find a laser system is much easier to use than levels. It also only takes a send to verify that things are still in alignment with the laser, so you will test it more often.

I made my laser aligner out a piece of mirror (from the hardware store glass section, no frame) and an air pistol laser scope because it had a flat side and was adjustable. The trick is to make sure the laser beam is perpendicular to the base; this is easily done with a mirror on the negative stage. If you rotate the laser and the reflected spot stays put then you are aligned. If the spot rotates around the laser you need to adjust. Once that's done you just need to adjust the lens stage so the spot reflects back on the beam. Do this again with the negative stage and you are done. On the Omegas I've used you also need to make sure the negative stage is still flat, so make sure the mirror doesn't rock at all.

The scope I used is not longer available, but a laser bore sighter should also work well, as long as it's adjustable (most are). http://www.amazon.com/UTAC-7-62-Lase...er+boresighter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I have a Beseler 45MXT

Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    My baseboard is my point of reference since I cant adjust that. I am not sure how I can adjust the lens board, and the negative stage is the only thing that Im able to loosen the screw on three sides and adjust. How can I adjust my lensboard?
    I have a Beseler 45MXT and the lens stage swings left to right. for the other axis, shims are used to change the front/back axis.

Here's an off the shelf too to align enlargers. It's not cheap though.

http://www.zig-align.com/zig-align/Enlarger.html
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin