Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,614   Online: 960

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll second Dave Allen suggestion of the Lines and Jones enlarger, they are definitely compact and cold cathode light source gives great tones in a print. The only problem I see is finding one, they rarely come up on Ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've come across someone selling a Lisegang Rajah enlarger for large format, but I cannot find any information about the model on the net, is there anyone here who is familiar with it?
    "Art is is a picture of some dude I never met smoking under a lamppost at 6400 ISO and in BW."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should probably start a separate thread with the name of the enlarger in the title.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Using the cart you have, an additional layer of plywood or two for strength. I don't trust MDF. Store all of the heavy supplies & equipment you have at the bottom.
    And then.........make a simple set of outriggers that fit under the cart. I'd think of 2X4 or 4X4" X 3X the width of the cart. Cut the material so there's a center and two ends. The center goes completely under the cart and the outriggers swing out.
    For the front, use one piece installed parallel to the front. This one just goes under the front edge of the cart and merely keeps it from tipping forward. Put hinges at the cut ends and swing them out when it's in use.

In the end, you're going to have one unit at the front and back with three legs for stability.

If you need more area for a table, a pair of hinges and locking brace are used, one for each edge you want to extend. I'd think around 200mm each side.

I can send a pic of the locking brace. I believe I got it at one of the big box stores. That would be Menards, Lowes or Home Depot.
    I'm assuming there's something available. in Sweden or online.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Do not make a new baseboard. These are braced so as not to warp.

You can make a small table and bolt the head to it. The table will need to be 2x4 legs, 2x4 top solid with smooth material like 3/8 plywood over the solid 2x4 so you can move the easel around/. This can not be any kind of flimsy construction with nails and unbraced legs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin