Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,432   Online: 904

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The website that MattKing provided has a store. They have 35mm carriers new and used. They have always provide great service to me. Shipping is steep from Canada but availability trumps.

http://store.khbphotografix.com

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TXFZ1 Thanks for the reference but they're so bloody expensive! My wallet is almost completely deflated. I was just asking to see if anyone had a used one for cheap money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hawkegihm:

I'll first refer you to one of KHB's eBay listings: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-35mm-Nega...34d820c&_uhb=1

If you read that, you will note that that LPL carrier is also compatible with Omega D4, D5 and D6 enlargers.

So it may be that you can use a 35mm carrier designed for those Omega enlargers.

I'll let the LPL users here confirm that.

If so, send a pm to bjsmith7474 here on APUG - he probably has one of those at a reasonable price
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Does it have any carrier? If so you can probably, with a bit of imagination, make it work.

Heck with a little cardboard/matte board you could probably cobble together something workable.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hawkegihm: I use that same enlarger for 35mm and 4x5. Don't worry about swapping mixing boxes for 35mm. I do both formats with the 4x5 mixing box and the exposures are not long. The enlarger puts out plenty of light. Note if you have questions about equipment/accessories for it you can call KHB Photografix and ask them questions even if you don't end up buying. They are very helpful, and also have used/reconditioned parts/accessories. If you are low on funds and can't find used parts, you can make a 35mm negative carrier without much fuss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    While I search for a used carrier, I'm going to try to make a carrier using some acrylic and the laser cutter at school.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you look on E-Bay there is a fellow in Grand Rapids, MI. that has almost everything for finishing in his garage, basement and all closets. He is "Roblun" as the seller. I have gotten a few things from hiim. Since he is close I save shipping and just stop by his place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This link in the classified might get you the lens board(s) you need: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...ns-boards.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt,
    Thank you for the references! I've contacted both sellers to purchase the lensboard and the 35mm carrier.

Here's a list of what I've accumulated:
    enlarger, easel, lensboard, lens, and carrier

I'm guessing the only things I need now are the trays and timer. Is there something I'm forgetting?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Safelight?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin