Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,176   Online: 952

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    got it
    I looked over the previous posts, and from the lists, I've narrowed it down to: trays, timer, tongs, and grain focuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    winger,

you mentioned the multigrade filter set, and I've been looking long and hard for a set for the lpl 4550 xlg to no avail. Is cutting the Ilfords the only choice I have?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkegihm View Post
    winger,

you mentioned the multigrade filter set, and I've been looking long and hard for a set for the lpl 4550 xlg to no avail. Is cutting the Ilfords the only choice I have?
    The multigrade settings are built into the head in your enlarger if it has the VCCE head.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    The multigrade settings are built into the head in your enlarger if it has the VCCE head.
    Correct. VCCE stands for Variable Contrast Constant Exposure. The filter module has a switch for two filter settings (Kodak/Ilford). Then you just turn the knob on the side and the window shows you what filter number you've dialed in. Simple as that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you again for all your help! To give you an update, I've officially emptied by wallet and I have everything minus the timer. If you want to guide me through this last one that'd be spectacular. Gralab? LPL? What works well with the 4550 xlg?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used both analog and digital Gralab timers, but there are other good ones. They can be expensive so try to find a used one in good shape if you can. Any standard timer should work fine with the 4550 XLG. Nothing fancy is required.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin