Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,360   Online: 1194

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

So I was looking for a Hass Intellifaucet D250 and wound up buying a used K375...

I got it for $80 on the 'Bay, so I figured it was worth a shot. The seller took it out of a working environment, but doesn't have the transformer, so I'll have to figure that out, but I figured for money, it was worth a shot.

Does anyone here use one of these? Did I just make a colossal, spur-of-the-moment mistake, or will this work well for a darkroom?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sounds good to me! Last time I checked, Hass was still in business, so he could supply the transformer and any replacement parts.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think power supplies are available in the parts section on the website, otherwise you could call or email them.

I have found them to be very responsive for questions. I have a 250 which I obtained 2nd hand, and I love it, it is SOOOO much better than a thermostatic mixing valve!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I dealt with Bernard Hass a number of times over the last forty years - first as a metrologist in the US Army and subsequently as a metrologist with ETHICON Inc. and the gentleman was always a pleasure to work with in everything from acquistion of instruments to arranging for overhaul. bdial is correct in regard to their responsiveness and I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call!

Joel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have the K250, which is exactly the same except it runs down to .5 gal/min instead of 1 gal/min. If you don't mind the higher minimum flow rate, the K375 is terrific. I'm sure Hass would convert yours to the lower flow rate if you wanted. The Hass power supply is very high quality, so I'd recommend it over the junky stuff available elsewhere. The K series controllers are extremely nice because you can set it to any temperature, see the actual temperature readout, adjust pressure, time water delivery, and manually control the valves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.

How important is the lower flow rate? I've always used a higher one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you have an Ecowash or otherwise use a very low flow rate to wash prints, it's important. If your normal water usage is < 1 gal/min, it would be a factor--otherwise, not so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a large plexi Gravity Works vertical print washer. I suppose I might use a slower flow for that? But I don't think Keeping it flowing a little more would hurt?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The only thing that would hurt is your pocketbook, depending on the cost of water where you live--the prints won't mind a bit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hass doesn't convert t a lower flow rate. Just lower the flow on the K375 to the minimum setting which should be 15 or 20%. It will work better at the lower setting. Let us know how it modulates at the lower rates. I have a K250 that I paid a whole lot more for it and works great. If you decide you don't need yours, PM me.

Luis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin