Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,492   Online: 880

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

How to safely remove a Jobo Expert drum lid with the 3360 Foot pump (Video)

We have just posted this video on youtube:
    How to safely remove a Jobo Expert drum lid with the 3360 Foot pump

CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Omar, I will have to look at this video, I may want to order one but my past experience with these things have been horrific.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Omar, I will have to look at this video, I may want to order one but my past experience with these things have been horrific.
    I have never had a problem with the Expert tanks when using the foot pump. Try reading the friendly manual [RFM].
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think when I first tried using the foot pump, we did not fill with water before applying the foot pressure, I remember lots of frustration, I think water in the tank is the cure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a pump, but it's funny as Jobo do not recommend that the expert drums are overfilled as it may cause issues with the internal structure, yet it's okay to overfill them to use the pump.

I just run the rim of the lid under the hot tap for 2 revolutions, just lifts off easily then.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hey Ed, I have tried the hot water as well, but it does not seem to come off that easily, do you do this on the machine??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    I have a pump, but it's funny as Jobo do not recommend that the expert drums are overfilled as it may cause issues with the internal structure, yet it's okay to overfill them to use the pump.

I just run the rim of the lid under the hot tap for 2 revolutions, just lifts off easily then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Hey Ed, I have tried the hot water as well, but it does not seem to come off that easily, do you do this on the machine??
    No, I take the Expert Drum off the machine, and drain the water out of the base into the trough, run the hot water until it is running hot (not warm), I then rotate the drum slowly twice with the lip of the lid under the hot water and the lid just gently lifts off. Works with both of my 3006 drums and my 3010 drum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    I have a pump, but it's funny as Jobo do not recommend that the expert drums are overfilled as it may cause issues with the internal structure, yet it's okay to overfill them to use the pump
    As far as i know, the only recommendation against over filling is the increased strain on the rotation motor, transfer gears and lift arm - can you please direct to the issue with the damage to the tank?
    CatLABS of JP

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any damage to the tank would be due to the pressure needed to make the lid go off.

But this pressure is the same with or without water. Without water due to the compressibility of air one would need more pumping action without any water than with.
    I don't know whether this would be significant though in practice.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Having less air in the tank while using the pump means there is alot less air that can compress, thus its power to potentially cause damage is smaller. I gotta say i never ended up taking the test in my five points physics in high school, but this is what my logic tells me - less air, less pressure, less problems.
    CatLABS of JP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin