Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,320   Online: 792

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Replacing Jobo Drum retaining clips

I have and elderly CPP2+ with the lift. On the lift, there are two pairs of little white clips that hold the drum up against the gears that rotate the drum on the lift, and on my unit, on one pair, one clip is completely broken off, and the other is cracked, and on it's last legs. I have ordered, and received some new clips, but it is not clear to me how to replace them - does anybody know how you replace those clips?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thank you CatLABs

I have replaced the clips, but just for future people who are in the same boat, I wanted to share my experience.

On my lift, there is no screw and sealant on the transfer gears - they are pressed onto a rectangular cross section shaft. Other than this, the change went well - after I removed the lift from the processor - I tried at first with the lift still attached to the processor and it was quite difficult.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Thank you CatLABs

I have replaced the clips, but just for future people who are in the same boat, I wanted to share my experience.

On my lift, there is no screw and sealant on the transfer gears - they are pressed onto a rectangular cross section shaft. Other than this, the change went well - after I removed the lift from the processor - I tried at first with the lift still attached to the processor and it was quite difficult.
    The transfer gears with the brass shaft is fairly rare, and was only used on earlier model lifts.

Note taken on the lift removal, it should be the first step in the instructions.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin