Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,711   Online: 747

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1450$ is of course wishful thinking.

I think you need to start dictating what you'll pay rather than the other way around and combine things into package deals. Unless that film is slide film there's no way it's worth 3$/roll. Even then it's a decade old. Educate them on this and not to go off eBay prices because that's obviously what you're doing. eBay prices don't count here because showing up in person means you're saving the time of listing all of it, fees, buyer coordination, etc.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dream refrigerator (the contents at least)

Awesome rugs

Too bad that most of the movie film will be purchased by someone that will toss the film and sell the reels for wall decoration at a flea market.

Really wish I could be there. The last half of the last day is typically a good time to bargain.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    On my way to Memphis to check it out.
    I immediately thought of this song... for some reason thought it was Memphis he was walking to... but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjX1vFk384s

I wish you well and hope you return loaded with a lifetime of value...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is also a Contax G2, but no lens. But perhaps the lens sold earlier.

There was an amazing amount of old movies, in both 16mm and 35mm. Projectors as well. The movies took up most of the garage. Almost broke down and bought the Commander Cody serial in 35mm. Some of the stuff was nitrate and was starting to turn to powder. The garage reeked of that vinegar smell.

A man who was buying one film, said that his friend was coming to make an offer on the whole lot. They were asking $20 a reel.

No way I am paying $3 a roll for out dated film.

But, if nothing else, I got to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Buy one of his arches prints. Clearly you know, a photographer's film, cameras and possessions are mere objects that can be gotten anywhere.

But his prints are probably the most priceless, irreplaceable objects in the lot!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know who the owner of all this stuff was?
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    clayne, My gut instinct tells me the photographer is much like any of us here... A passionate hobbyist, not necessarily famous by any measure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The real bargains do not happen until they realize at the end that they have over priced themselves. $1450 is a bit overboard but there are a few Saunders easels on the baseboard. If it doesn't sell, a person at the end of the sale may pick up some great deals. That is the best time to have a few extra $$$'s . I have a connection with a person who does estate sales and at the end I get products for 25% of the asking price so he doesn't have to get storage which is pricey here in Vancouver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Missed out on the Nikons. They were gone when we came back today. Did pick up the Contax G2, and a large amount of frozen B&W 120 film. Everything from old Verichrome Pan, to 2008 vintage Ilford.

There was a massive amount of enlarging paper in a freezer. Sadly, no way I could do justice to all that. I don't have a setup to do 20x24. Sale continues tomorrow...

Photographer's name was John Roberts. Not a name I am familiar with, but perhaps someone here knows the name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin