Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,354   Online: 1009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the responses, really appreciate it.

Unfortunately it looks like the photo trader mag is no longer in print. However I'll keep an eye out for those models mentioned and do some more research on dimensions, might d/l the manuals to get a better understanding of them. I intend to store it on a trolly so I can wheel it in and out of the bathroom.

With regards to a good lens, they should be easier to source as they are easier to post and I'll be happy to take the hit on postage if they're in the US or UK once I know what to look for. If I understand it correctly the standard mount is the M39 screw mount of Leicas but every so often there's an enlarger with a non-standard mount.

My current thinking is to perhaps go with a 35mm only enlarger that's in good working order as it would cost less than darkroom hire for a single day, and keep an eye out for a good lens. Then I can bide my time waiting for a longer term model to come on the market.

I'm hoping to relearn darkroom at a workshop next month so I can spend the intervening time hunting around and doing some more research.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use an LPL 6700 the baby brother of the LPL7700. Both are still available new but I don't know about prices where you are but used darkroom equipment has dropped through the floor price wise. You should be able to get a LPL6700 for around £100 or whatever the equivalent is where you are. They will enlarge a print to 12x16 with no problem and are VERY well made with replacement bulbs being available almost anywhere. The focussing knob is easier to manage on the 6700 although an adapter was available for the 7700. Spares are no problem

I have wall mounted mine so in fact I can enlarge up to 20x16 if I wanted to. I don't, but it gives me that extra bit of flexibility and on the wall it is completely stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin