Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,201   Posts: 1,531,529   Online: 1048

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

NuTek ACP500 print processor

I just bought one of these and it is on its way via freight shipping. Does anyone here know how much one of these processors weighs? Am i going to need help unloading it from the shipping truck and putting it in my pickup?

Thanks
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not familair with this one specifically. I did have a 19" wide capable three tank Kreonite roller processor for a while.

I could lift the body myself only if I took the lid off and moved the three roller racks separatly first.

Wear old clothes - usually old processors have all sorts of puddles of blix etc spilled in the bootom that has turned to crud over time.

Be prepared for a lot of cleaning . If it comes clean, lucky you. My Kreonite had a filthy first tank (developer) fabric coated roller that came clean only with a full dissassembly and multiple soaks and scrubs.

You and lots of dilute toilet bowl cleaner are likely going to get to know each other more in the coming weeks than you have ever thought of the stuff in your whole life.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the reply. Since the processor is coming packaged in a box, I'm not that concerned about spills. Just need to know if I'll have to ask a co-worker for help moving it off the truck since generally the driver will not help unload.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Shooter
    Large Format
    I sold one of these to a guy in Alaska many moons ago. It's like a german built fujimoto cp51. It's a tank! You'll need at least two strong men and a pickup truck to reel this baby in. If memory serves me right the total weight of the processor plus wash and dryer is in the neighborhood of 250lbs. If crated, figure 300lbs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    For fast, scrub-free cleaning try this stuff http://www.climaxphoto.net/store/hydra_dsc100.htm
    Expensive yes, but sure beats hours and days worth of scrubbing with the stuff you get at the super market.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin