Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,537   Online: 926

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst L1200 dimension question

I'm planning my new darkroom and the Durst is in pieces in various places awaiting it's new home. One of the dimensions I forgot to record before dismantling the old darkroom was the total front to back depth - baseboard I know, but if I recall correctly, the enlarger's head actually protrudes a bit behind the back edge of the baseboard - and I need to know how much. (to determine the minimum depth of counter I can get away with without having the enlarger head rub the wall or the front of the baseboard slip of the counter...)

So, if any of you Durst L1200 (colour head - though I'm not sure that makes a difference or not) drivers out there would find the time to measure that full distance for me, I would very much appreciate it. I can't, as this point reassemble it to make the measurement for myself.

(aside: the Durst documentation I have doesn't indicate this dimension, just baseboard size, overall height, etc.)

Thanks in advance, Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    the enlarger's head actually protrudes a bit behind the back edge of the baseboard - and I need to know how much. (to determine the minimum depth of counter I can get away with without having the enlarger head rub the wall or the front of the baseboard slip of the counter...)
    Approximately 35mm.

If it helps, my bench is 800mm from front to back which is plenty large enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for this Paul.

Your 800mm bench depth, do you feel it could be reduced somewhat and still be useable (no bits overhanging)? If so, what do you feel would be a minimum?

Shooter
    Large Format
    My baseboard is 69cm, but the counter top needs to be at least 73cm deep to allow for the additional 4cm that the camera assembly protrudes behind the baseboard.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    Your 800mm bench depth, do you feel it could be reduced somewhat and still be useable (no bits overhanging)? If so, what do you feel would be a minimum?
    Depending on exactly where the feet are located on your baseboard, you might get away with a 700mm depth, but 750mm would give a little more room to play with - I went for 800mm as it maximised the use of the 8'x4' sheets that I was having cut.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    ...I went for 800mm as it maximised the use of the 8'x4' sheets that I was having cut.
    Perfect. Thats' the information I was hoping to discover here. Thanks Paul.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin