Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,795   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I saw this the other day and read through their site. Fun and funky I dig it, but really for the lomo aesthetic, plastic lens with a decent amount of blur so the pixels dont show up. interesting paper size by ilford too. I think something like this would be ripe for simple mods as well, like putting a regular lamp head on it for negatives. Color phone screens could be used to adjust contrast grades, maybe even selectively color in areas using the touch screen, and expose in one shot to get localized variable contrast without dodge/burn/masks.

Ive done some experimental contact printing from my phone screen awhile ago. I did it with selecting an image, setting the brightness way down, putting a black sheet of paper under the screen, and then the black and white photo paper under that paper. Pull out the black sheet from under the screen, expose, and click off the phone screen but the power button. Didnt get the detail I thought it might make (maybe because of my phone case), but interesting for photograms though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's a great idea because it gets the photographer's hands wet and more involved in the process. Dodging and burning is not a tool in the Photoshop palette. I do use Iphones and shoot digital also. But I prefer film.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I think it's a great idea because it gets the photographer's hands wet and more involved in the process. Dodging and burning is not a tool in the Photoshop palette. I do use Iphones and shoot digital also. But I prefer film.
    Not to take this off-subject (and into the forbidden zone for this site) but I think you need to read up more on PS ;-)

I agree that this can only be a good thing if it lets more people experience The Magic.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I guess I do

Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Not to take this off-subject (and into the forbidden zone for this site) but I think you need to read up more on PS ;-)

I agree that this can only be a good thing if it lets more people experience The Magic.

Duncan
    But first I have to figure out if my photo is "Sponge worthy" now.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does it have the necessary "cat hair removal tool"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's like bacon to vegetarians, the gateway meat...
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is actually rather clever!

Plus, I am now possessed of an unstoppable urge to (gently!) cram my Nexus 7 into the 23C-II's negative stage for no good reason other than just to see what happens.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I want to see the contact print version of it. But for me personally, smartphones aren't good for anything except skipping over a pond like a
    rock. Muggers seem fond of acquiring them and might therefore be the best candidates for a printing device like this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I want to see the contact print version of it. But for me personally, smartphones aren't good for anything except skipping over a pond like a
    rock. Muggers seem fond of acquiring them and might therefore be the best candidates for a printing device like this.
    You're just cheerful as a daisy, aren't you?

I think this gadget is a pretty cool way of introducing people to the magic of the darkroom. Whether the prints are super excellent or not is probably immaterial. It's supposed to be a fun way of making prints.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I. Love. It.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin