Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,346   Online: 1003

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Due to where my school was located, I actually did have to walk up a hill both ways to go to school. I had to cross a flood plain in order to get to school. Of course there was the time I walked to school in a blizzard only to find out that the school was closed...

Now days we get even a dusting of snow and all the schools close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is actually way cheaper than the other equivalent offering on the market: http://www.de-vere.com/products.htm

Very smart, and seems appropriately targeted for the right demographic.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Expensive device

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    This is actually way cheaper than the other equivalent offering on the market: http://www.de-vere.com/products.htm

Very smart, and seems appropriately targeted for the right demographic.
    This enlarger is very vulnerable to obsolescence. I taught at a local JC that had a SCSI Fuji Pictrograph printer. Made beautiful color prints. It was cutting edge technology 15 years ago, but probably not usable because SCSI is dead. Apple Firewire is on it's way out and now Thunderbolt is in.

I bought my Beseler 45MX and it's still relevant today. I use both analog and digital cameras. However, I build and grow on my knowledge about analog photography while my knowledge with digital technology will be obsolete very fast. I'm tech manager in a university art department and I can barely catch up on my narrow area of art and computers. One thing I know with technology. It allows us to make art faster, not necessarily better.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apparently it can also take standard negatives, so it won't be that vulnerable.

I too believe it is a great idea. As soon as I can get my hands on my enlarger again I will try with some black-white photo taken by my S4.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    We have to say we were rather taken with it !.......they came to see us, we liked
    it and them, and the quality of the output and we will make the paper for it...

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    How can this be a bad thing? Awesome, Simon!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin