Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,896   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Multi Format

How to focus film with Kaiser VP 6001?

Hi,

i've buy today Kaiser VP 6001 but i thinks it not works....
    how to focus the film to see the image clear on white support?
    i unlock bellows to rotate "wheel 01" and after rotate "wheel 02" (see image)
    but the bellows does not expand.
    my procedure for the focus is correct?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apug_keiser.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	73923

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is the English instructions: http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/pdf.../4420_2_en.pdf

They don't seem to suggest that you involve "wheel 01" in the process.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As Matt says wheel 01 is nothing to do with focusing, it just locks or unlocks the lens board so it can be tilted to correct verticals. Wheel 02 is the focusing wheel and if turning this does not move the bellows then it appears there is a fault somewhere. It might be worth lifting off the top half of the head to see what is happening inside. The instructions given by Matt should show you how to remove the top of the head.

Tony

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To my understanding the focusing is done via friction drive and not a geared drive (to avoid play). There might be a rubber wheel involved that lost friction.
    Last edited by AgX; 09-03-2013 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have unlocked bellows which now widens, I have to reassemble it to see if "wheel 2" is able to manage through a friction his movements

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin