Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,755   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Multi Format

CP-31 Questions and Replenishment Unit?

I have recently purchased a CP-31 with the wash and dry module off of eBay that has been pulled out of a "working environment" and is "fully tested". It hasn't arrived yet but we shall see. Since I don't have 220V wired, I am going to buy a step up transformer, probably this model:

http://www.amazon.com/LiteFuze-LT-50...up+transformer

I figure 5000W should be plenty of margin, and no harm in getting a more "beefy" model.

The eBay listing doesn't seem to include the replenishment unit that I have seen discussed here and elsewhere. I have never seen anyone selling one of those separately, and I haven't even been able to find a picture of what it looks like. I realize it isn't needed, but I am quite curious as in the future I plan to operate this in a shared darkroom and hopefully the unit will get lots of use.

Cheers,
    Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the replenishment unit (2 of them actuallly), its' a great addition to the CP-31. Personally I would not be without one - it's really critical to keeping chemistry topped up and fresh, and is such a nice unit that it's worth seeking one out. FWIW, I have found you can crank the replenishment rate quite low and still get great results. I think it has 9 settings, each is 5ml greater than the last. I have mine set on 2 (out of 9) I believe and it's quite conservative in chemistry use, but also still allows great results.

I'd be a bit concerned if sharing this unit with others - They should be trained in it's use and particularly in care and cleaning of it, if you want to get a long life out of it. Replacement parts are expensive. Using it carelessly can result in paper jams, chemistry contamination, etc.

for example, I'd hesitate to set up something like this where it would be used unsupervised, like a college darkroom or somewhere like that. It does require some care and feeding and careless use and not cleaning it regularly will result in sub-standard results and a short lifespan. It's too nice a unit for that kind of abuse... ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info. I will definitely think twice about setting it up in a shared user space unsupervised.

Could I trouble you for an image of what the replenishment unit looks like, and does it have its own name that I can try and use to google / save a search on eBay to find one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Fujimoto has sensors in the intake path that tell the wash dry unit and replenisher how long to run. The data is relayed using DIN plug (three pin, if I recall correctly)

I have yet to make the interface, but my plan was to build a buffer board to drive the 120V replenshment pumps that I salvaged from a Kreonite processor.

My North American marketed CP31 was wired for 120V service.
    Actually the pumps and electronics and drive motor ac input run on a japanese voltage of 100VAc.
    There is an oem autotransformer in mine to go from 120 to 100V . Only the heater elements (and maybe the vent fan) run at 120V.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by justin parker View Post
    I have recently purchased a CP-31 with the wash and dry module off of eBay that has been pulled out of a "working environment" and is "fully tested". It hasn't arrived yet but we shall see. Since I don't have 220V wired, I am going to buy a step up transformer, probably this model:

http://www.amazon.com/LiteFuze-LT-50...up+transformer

I figure 5000W should be plenty of margin, and no harm in getting a more "beefy" model.

The eBay listing doesn't seem to include the replenishment unit that I have seen discussed here and elsewhere. I have never seen anyone selling one of those separately, and I haven't even been able to find a picture of what it looks like. I realize it isn't needed, but I am quite curious as in the future I plan to operate this in a shared darkroom and hopefully the unit will get lots of use.

Cheers,
    Justin
    Justin,
    Are you sure it needs 220v? Mine and all others I've seen take 100v.
    If using for ra-4 in a gang drkrm., you'll definitely want to find the replenisher module. Also, get or make some floating lids so that you can remove the racks at the end of the day. This is crucial to keeping the rollers intact and clean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    frotog,

I am pretty sure you are right. Mine comes out of a lab in Texas it seems so most likely it is 120. I think the CP-31 is designed to operate (like many electronics) on either 120 or 220 based on the spec sheet I saw now. I will probably contact the seller just to be sure if it isn't clear when I get.

Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A quick picture of the Replenishment Unit, it's not very big. You'll also need a control cable, hoses and containers for the repl. solutions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31rep.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	74260

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin