Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 769

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A further question about the 4550 for those who either have one or know:

If I get the wall-mounting kit, is there really any need for the XL column? It would seem to me the answer is no, but maybe there is something not obvious. Can't one simply mount the non-XL column high enough that the top matches what the XL column-height is?

Thanks for any advice here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could, but if you wanted to do small prints you might have a problem, since the bottom of the column would be higher.
    But you could work-around that by using a longer lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Don- I think it's actually a 16x20 inch maximum, on the baseboard.
    Eddie, I beg to differ with you. I make 20X24.s on the base board of my Saunders/LPL 4550 XLG routinely and I use a Saunders 4 blade adjustable easel to do them. And it fits on the base board. A bit tight, but it fits. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    You could, but if you wanted to do small prints you might have a problem, since the bottom of the column would be higher.
    But you could work-around that by using a longer lens.
    I would never make smaller than 8x10, and it would seem to me that it would still be in the range for a 50mm lens -- if not, as you suggest, a 75mm or 80mm would take care of it.

Does anybody know how much taller the XL model is than the regular one? The company site (if there is one) is not immediately obvious after Googling.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    http://www.khbphotografix.com/LPL/LPL4x5.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    I would never make smaller than 8x10, and it would seem to me that it would still be in the range for a 50mm lens -- if not, as you suggest, a 75mm or 80mm would take care of it.

Does anybody know how much taller the XL model is than the regular one? The company site (if there is one) is not immediately obvious after Googling.
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    Eddie, I beg to differ with you. I make 20X24.s on the base board of my Saunders/LPL 4550 XLG routinely and I use a Saunders 4 blade adjustable easel to do them. And it fits on the base board. A bit tight, but it fits. Don
    Don- The OP mentioned a 4550, not a 4550XLG. The XLG has the longer column. I have an XLG, too. No problem with a 20x24 on that one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Thanks! No idea why I couldn't find that via Google. The Omega-Satter site is useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin