Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,511   Online: 891

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwill Score!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zackesch View Post
    hmm, ok. perhaps I should pick the second one up if its still there. Every now and then there will be some nice stuff at goodwill. Waukesha is the richest county in Wisconsin, and their goodwill's show that. There have been coach purses to new, pricy clothes with tags still on, gps's that are a few years old.

The one thing I CANT find at goodwill and its bugging me is a slide projector. I see Kodak carousels by the rack full for a buck but no projector... I have been checking antique shops and no luck either.

BTW zsas, good view on the rust spots. I just may leave it the way it is for character.
    I found a Carousel Projector at a church yard sale for $2.00 took it home and it works even had a good lamp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zackesch View Post
    BTW zsas, good view on the rust spots. I just may leave it the way it is for character.
    Just so you know: old acetic acid stop bath makes a great rust remover/converter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Speaking of my own experience, beware of actually using a Graylab on your enlarger. I have 2. One I got brand new in 1975 or so. Experiment and be sure that the enlarger brightness does not flicker in brightness as the timer runs. Both of mine do, even after a thorough interior cleaning and adjusting. The flickering is very destructive to print exposure accuracy. Now I use them strictly as chemical timers and such. I do not trust a Graylab on an enlarger at all. In 59 minutes time measured against a watch, they're not even particularly accurate and can be off by 2-3 minutes by the time the hour is up. But I'm talking about the only 2 I have to lend testament by. Nice find though. They're still handy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tip Tom. I intend to use my gralab as a chem timer. Up until now I have been using a timer app which is nice, but not preferred. I have a time-o-light gr-72 as my enlarger timer, which is as big as a timer I can fit on my printing/supply rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin