Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,021   Online: 992

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwill Score!

Shooter
    35mm

Goodwill Score!

My jaw dropped with what I saw at goodwill sitting in with all the other electronic items. TWO GRAYLAB TIMERS!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    C'mon don't tease like that....what was the final bill for that great find?
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, firefox crashed on me before I was able to edit.

They were going for 4.99 Each. Sadly, one was in pretty bad shape as it looks as it was stored in a garage. The one I picked up has rust forming on the sides and back, and the switch faces show some rust too. The dremel and a wire brush will make the switches look good as new.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've got one of those too with a ton of rust on it....works good as new...I like to think of it as patina

Congrats on the haul!
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    hmm, ok. perhaps I should pick the second one up if its still there. Every now and then there will be some nice stuff at goodwill. Waukesha is the richest county in Wisconsin, and their goodwill's show that. There have been coach purses to new, pricy clothes with tags still on, gps's that are a few years old.

The one thing I CANT find at goodwill and its bugging me is a slide projector. I see Kodak carousels by the rack full for a buck but no projector... I have been checking antique shops and no luck either.

BTW zsas, good view on the rust spots. I just may leave it the way it is for character.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Just wait patient....one day you'll find a slide projector for next to nothing. Been looking for years for a working-rock-bottom-price-one (I didn't need one, I wanted one ).....then this summer it happened....last few hours of a garage sale...projector, tons a carrousel....$2....

Keep looking....one day
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    I dont need one at the moment. I have my first two rolls of slide that I have yet to shoot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nice score..I once saw a Pederson developing tank at goodwill. Sadley.. I didn't have any cash. Diffently worth stopping by those places.

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zackesch View Post
    hmm, ok. perhaps I should pick the second one up if its still there. Every now and then there will be some nice stuff at goodwill. Waukesha is the richest county in Wisconsin, and their goodwill's show that. There have been coach purses to new, pricy clothes with tags still on, gps's that are a few years old.

The one thing I CANT find at goodwill and its bugging me is a slide projector. I see Kodak carousels by the rack full for a buck but no projector... I have been checking antique shops and no luck either.BTW zsas, good view on the rust spots. I just may leave it the way it is for character.
    The weekend before last I found a Kodak Carrousel 850 on the free table at a yardsale, along with two slide carrousels. I was walking, so I had to carry it about 3 miles but it lit up and worked as new when I got it home. Judging by the look of the filament and the clearness of the glass, the bulb - 500w - is near new, and the 4"/2.8 lens is spotless.
    They're out there, just keep looking and you'll find one.

Edit - Those Gralabs are just dandy. I bought a well used one back in the 80s and it's still going.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 09-17-2013 at 11:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    carousel projectors are practically a stock item at Deseret Industries in Utah .... and i once found a Leitz Focomat Ic enlarger, with lens, for $35.

It takes determination but the stuff is there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin