Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,889   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Arkay RC1100 Print Dryer

Hi,

I was given an Arkay RC 1100 Print Dryer a few months ago. I was told that it didn't work, but could possibly be fixed. I'd really like to get it fixed, but it's hard for me to say what's wrong with it since I have no idea how it works. Does anyone have any experience using one of these? Is there a heating element somewhere? Is it just air? Any information at this point would be helpful.

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump*

Anyone?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does it power on? Get warm?
    Michael

"I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    35mm
    It powers on. Is it supposed to get warm?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JJimenez View Post
    It powers on. Is it supposed to get warm?
    Yes.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it powers on, place your hand at the backside where the prints emerge. Do you feel air coming through? Now turn the heating knob clockwise all the way. Is the air coming from the back warm? Finally, place a print in the front. Does it feed through? You can adjust the speed of the print with the other knob.

Thomas
    Thomas

No art passes our conscience in the way that film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
    — Ingmar Bergman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It works a lot like a commercial toaster. When it is on, there should be little rollers that turn, and move the print slowly through the machine to have them come out the back. There should also be heating elements above and below the path that the paper takes which get hot.

Two things to check - do the rollers turn and move the paper through the machine?
    Does the heat come on to dry the prints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If this has a canvas belt, be sure to keep it clean (real clean) - one issue with these belt dryers is that one day you can discover that everything you dried for the past X months has fixer stains from one wash that wasn't quite complete. It's why a lot of folks hang prints up, or use other methods.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    If this has a canvas belt, be sure to keep it clean (real clean) - one issue with these belt dryers is that one day you can discover that everything you dried for the past X months has fixer stains from one wash that wasn't quite complete. It's why a lot of folks hang prints up, or use other methods.
    The units with the belts are for fiber prints - The OP has the RC1100 which is for RC prints and has no belt - there are a bunch of soft rubber wheels that move the print through a warm chamber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah - ok, thanks, I wasn't aware of that model, in fact I thought everyone just hung up RC prints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin