Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,424   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anyone here that knows something about the ilford Lumiére Mégaltra G 532 b/w paper?

Hi i got some papers that google or other forums seems to know nothing about and they are called ilford Lumiére Mégaltra G 532. I hope someone here can enlighten me what kind of paper it is. Thanks!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Made by Lumiére. You better ask on our french section.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks AgX i will try that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lumiére were taken over by Ciba Geigy in 1962, they already owned Tellko the Swiss photographic company and by 1969 Ciba also owned Ilford and the Lumiére plant became part of Ilford (as did the Tellko plant). For a short spell after the merger some products may have carried both names.

Today Lumiére exists only as the Ilford distributor in France.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the company history! Do you have any info on the paper itself? if it is a multigrade paper? RC/FB? is it a bromide based paper? any further info is highly appriciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a graded paper but that's about all I know, it should have another number like 532/2 which indicates the grade. All the Lumiére adverts I have are pre-WWII when they were selling their colour plates and roll films in the UK.

I worked with someone in the mid 70's who's French mother was a member of the Lumiére family, I know he had much archive material but I've not bumped into him in recent years.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! Yes there are grades on them. I have grade 2 and grade 1. I hope they do not go up to 5 as this is old paper i would guess this paper is now quite useless if it's grade 1 and 2. I am going to try this paper anyway. I was hoping it would lith! :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin